Routt County Search & Rescue is an all-volunteer organization.
We don't charge for rescues.
Backcountry Safety Tips
- Stuff happens – be prepared!
- Always carry The 10 Essentials, even if you aren’t planning to be out for long.
- Know where you’re going.
- Know how to find and read your coordinates using your phone or GPS.
- Don’t go alone.
- Let someone know where you’re going and when you expect to be back.
- Conserve your phone battery.
- If in trouble, call 911, then stay put and wait for rescue.